Date:      Wed, 28 Jul 2004 20:34:31 +0200
From:      Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Joan Picanyol <lists-freebsd-current@biaix.org>
Subject:   Re: /usr/ports/UPDATING announcement (was: Re: Xorg built fails on CURRENT: can't find Xauth.h)

--Boundary-02=_6G/BBvjPUDcSxB5

On Wednesday 28 July 2004 19:00, Joan Picanyol wrote:

> > I'm all for announcing it. =A0I never heard of it until last week. =A0I=
 too
> > was told to read it, I was stupid for not reading it, why aren't you
> > reading it
> Me too :o

[...]

> > It needs to go out on freebsd-announce IMHO.
>
> And the Handbook as well.

That's all somewhat beside the point, IMHO (although it really should be=20
documented in the handbook). It was announced (here), many people saw it,=20
others didn't. And people will still miss things regardless of how many=20
places you announce them in.

The most effective way to spread the news actually _is_ the process you've=
=20
been going through: Someone tells you in a more or less friendly way about=
=20
some new thing (perhaps after you've been complaining about something in a=
=20
more or less friendly way because you missed an announcement). Just ignore=
=20
the bozos who call you dumb and care about the useful pieces of=20
information. :)

=2D-=20
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi@freebsd.org