Date:      Mon, 13 Sep 1999 12:16:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu>
Cc:        Greg Quinlan <Greg.Quinlan@swlct.sthames.nhs.uk>, FreeBSD-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "talk" appears broken!

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, Brett Taylor wrote:

> Do you have a user and group tty?  I had this problem once and I hadn't
> merged /etc/passwd with /usr/src/etc/passwd

	Not to hijack this thread, but you really don't want to merge
those two files. You want to merge the master.passwd files, then do
'pwd_mkdb -p' to rebuild your databases and /etc/passwd file. The latest
version of mergemaster (avail. in the ports) does this for you, and
reminds you to do the pwd_mkdb at the end.

HTH,

Doug
--
"My mama told me, my mama said, 'don't cry.' She said, 'you're too young a man
to have as many women you got.' I looked at my mother dear and didn't even

    - John Belushi as "Joliet" Jake Blues, "I Don't Know"