Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 2002 16:39:46 -0300
From:      "JP Villa (Datafull.com)" <root@datafull.com>
To:        owner-freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG, Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re[2]: openssh OR openssh-portable

Taking a look at the handbook, it's pretty clear that
-STABLE is not an option for production boxes.
Personally, I prefer to stick with RELENG_4_6 because of
this. Then, the question is: What do I have to do with
OpenSSH? (don't tell me 2.9, I want the latest codebase
possible) The platform integration is not an issue for me
right now, as I just want the basic functionality and get
some good sleep.

I think the original question was pointing to this too,
so I rephrase: openssh or openssh-portable? or maybe
openssh 3.4 properly merged on a production codebase? and
in that case, when?

Best regards,

Juan Pablo Villa

DATAFULL.COM Sysadmin