Date:      Tue, 7 Mar 1995 13:57:49 +0930 (CST)
From:      Lucas James <jj@ldjpc.apana.org.au>
To:        kristyn@gnu.ai.mit.edu
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com>
Subject:   Re: FAQ: SB16 & CD-ROM drives

On Mon, 6 Mar 1995 kristyn@gnu.ai.mit.edu wrote:
> Hiya,
>   I know this is an FAQ, but I haven't been following it recently.  Will 2.1
> support a CD-ROM that uses a SoundBlaster as the controller card?  I've got
> a Mitsumi FX-001.

	The Mitsumi drivers have been in freebsd since at least 2.0.  if you
mean the Matusitia (whatever)/ Panasonic type CDROM, I'm using it with
FreeBSD-current (works great).

	I would assume that both (mcd and matcd) will appear in FreeBSD-2.1R

Lucas

|Lucas James                    |       Rovering is Fun                 |
|jj@ldjpc.apana.org.au          |       Scouting is Fun                 |
|jj@apanix.apana.org.au         |       therefore ASL+R=Lots of Fun     |
|Ass.Scout Ldr, Munno Para Troop, South Australia                       |
|Secretary, Para Rover Crew                                             |
| Overheared a leader at 17th Australian 15th Asia Pacific Jamboree:    |
|     "I'm only 18, but I have 42 years experience"                     |