Date:      Thu, 8 Oct 1998 21:18:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        larry_nilsen <larry_nilsen@eee.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: installing port?

On Wed, 7 Oct 1998, larry_nilsen wrote:

>Hi Im running FREEBSD 2.2.7!
>1st)i have the 4cd set
>2nd)my cd-rom isnt supported

I'll bet it is. Is it an IDE CDROM?

>3rd)how do i install a port from my msdos partition

I assume the file is already on your dos partition. First, copy the file
over to the FreeBSD side.

# mount -t /dev/dos_disc_device_name_here /mnt
# cd /mnt/place_where_file_is
# cp name_of_portfile.tar.gz /usr/ports/distfiles

Then do a normal port installation like any other.

# cd /usr/ports/place_where_port_is
# make
# make install

>4th)how do i run the program once it is installed

Just type the name at the command line.

$ netscape

>5th)please tell me step by step how to put the netscape port on my msdos

You put netscape on your msdos according to the dos instructions. We don't
teach msdos here. :)

>partition.Have freebsd retrieve it ! then install ! then finally what
>command do i use at the prompt. To run the program.

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/