Date:      Wed, 22 Aug 2001 09:04:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "H. Wade Minter" <minter@lunenburg.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   cdrdao on ATAPI CDRW?

I'm trying to follow a friend's instructions on burning a VCD to my CDRW
drive.  However, he says to use cdrdao to burn the disk, but that appears to
only support SCSI, not ATAPI, drives.

I know under Linux there's ATAPI/SCSI emulation, but checking the FreeBSD
mail archives, I couldn't find a definative answer as to whether cdrdao
works for ATAPI drives under FreeBSD.  Does anyone have the answer?  I'd
rather not put Linux back on my desktop just to burn the CD.

Thanks,
Wade

--
Do your part in the fight against injustice.
Free Dmitry Sklyarov! http://www.freesklyarov.org/