Date:      Mon, 04 May 1998 00:13:47 -0400
From:      drifter@stratos.net
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: device busy...

> According to Lanny Baron:
> >  Anyone know how to umount a device like a cdrom when umount /cdrom comes
> > back with device busy, and you do a ps -aux and see nothing going on with
> > the cdrom?
>
> Use lsof from ports to find which processes have opened a file or
> device. It is much more usable than our fstat.
> --
> Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
> FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-CURRENT #8: Tue Apr 21 02:45:53 CEST 1998

	Just as a note, I tried umount /usr a couple days ago when I was
backing up some file systems. I was in single user mode. It would not
allow me to, saying the device was busy. So I remounted /usr, and did
an lsof, and found no files using /usr except lsof and more, which the
output
of lsof was being piped to.
	This happened to me one other time. Does anyone have any ideas?

	-Drifter@stratos.NOWAY.net

--
drifter@stratos.nospam.net (remove nospam to send)
     "Ever notice that in every commercial about the Internet, advertising