Date:      Wed, 04 Apr 2001 10:09:20 -0400
From:      "Richard E. Hawkins" <hawk@fac13.ds.psu.edu>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: missing libssl dependency for vim-6.0y

Kris Kalled,

> On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 12:29:17PM -0500, hawk wrote:
> > In trying to get my indententations for Fortran, I've installed
> > vim-6.0y.  However, when I try to run it, I get

> > /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libssl.so.2" not found

> > I assume that there's a missing dependency.  What else do I need?

> You need to install the crypto distribution of the base OS.  The port
> assumes you have it installed - it's not a missing port dependency,
> although the port could probably check and give a helpful message if
> you don't have it.  Submit a PR requesting this.

I tried.  I went to Configure, Distributions, and checked crypto.  When
I hit commit, it reinstalled the entire base distribuiton, including
/etc.  I got crypto source, it seems, but vim6 still doesn't do it.  Do
I need to configure and build a  new kernel?
--
Prof. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.       Smeal 178    (814) 375-4700
dochawk@psu.edu