Date:      Sat, 18 Dec 1999 12:51:01 +0100
From:      "Dave J. Boers" <djb@relativity.student.utwente.nl>
To:        Thierry Herbelot <herbelot@cybercable.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Success with ATA drivers and UDMA66

On Sat, Dec 18, 1999 at 07:27:16AM +0100, Thierry Herbelot wrote:
> Do you boot from the UDMA66 drive ?

Yes. Bios boot sequence is EXT,C,A; where EXT is set to UDMA66, not SCSI.
The SCSI disk is a 4.3 Gb WD Enterprise on an Adaptec 2940AU board.

> What is your BIOS revision ?

Award Bios v. 4.51PG
Revision line (bottom of screen) sais:
06/08/1999-i440BX-W83977-2A69KA1SC-LP
Highpoint Bios: HPT 366 v. 1.07

> How many SDRAM DIMMs do you use ?

Currently there is one 128 Mb DIMM in the first slot. In a few weeks I will
add a 256 Mb DIMM in the second slot, if I can get my hands on one (memory
prices are going down again).

> What is the rating of your Power supply ?

Not quite high enough :-(
It's a 300 Watt power supply.

> Do you use an AGP graphics board ?

Yes. It's a diamond Viper 550 with 8 Mb RAM.

> (I also have a BP6 and I'm mildly satisfied by its stability up to now,
> I'm looking for ways to upgrade it and hints to increase the
> reliability)

I haven't got any complaints about the BP6, actually. It runs quite nicely
here. Exactly what are your complaints about it (i.e. why do you say
"mildly" instead of "wildly")?

Regards,

Dave Boers.

--