Date:      Wed, 1 May 2002 12:05:05 +0930
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Dmitry Mottl <dima@sinp.msu.ru>
Cc:        Toomas Aas <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD patch level

On Tuesday, 30 April 2002 at 19:51:34 +0400, Dmitry Mottl wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, Toomas Aas wrote:
>
>>> Yes, and how to get _not_ latest 4.4-RELEASE-pX ???
>>
>> For that you would need to specify the date in supfile, but I don't
>> know the details since I have never done it.
>>
>> Why would you want a version *without* all the security fixes anyway?
> Just to understand what is 4.4-RELEASE-p9 or 4.4-RELEASE-p8 or
> 4.4-RELEASE-p7...

There's no such thing.  You're trying to apply Linux terminology to
FreeBSD.  We don't "patch", we update.  A RELEASE is just that, a
release, and so it stays the way it is.  In the meantime, fixes get
applied to the STABLE branch in the CVS tree.  This is all described
in the handbook.

Greg
If you don't, I may ignore the reply.