Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 1999 07:50:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/14035: tzfile.h referenced in tzfile(5) doesn't exist

The following reply was made to PR docs/14035; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To: jkoshy@FreeBSD.org
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, wollman@FreeBSD.org
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 10:44:24 -0400 (EDT)

 <<On Thu, 30 Sep 1999 00:33:46 -0700 (PDT), jkoshy@FreeBSD.org said:

 > a) tzfile.5 refers to 4 4-byte quantities in the header, however
 >    the header file "tzfile.h" defines 6.  This bug is there is -CURRENT
 >    too.

 tzfile(5) should not reference tzfile.h -- it's an internal header,
 not for public consumption.  tzfile.5 may well be more correct --
 there is some amount of version skew between libc and zic(8).  (For
 example, the current file format includes a magic number at the
 beginning of the file, which libc doesn't know about or check for.)

 -GAWollman