Date:      Sun, 21 Sep 1997 02:13:07 +0200
From:      Eivind Eklund <perhaps@yes.no>
To:        ????????????? <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, brian@awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: ppp restrictions

On Sun, Sep 21, 1997 at 03:08:39AM +0400, ????????????? wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Sep 1997, Eivind Eklund wrote:
>
> > I like the present model.  It allow you to be as strict (or not) as
> > you want, but default to a secure value.  "Principle of least
>
> It is not allows to run ppp from "network" group, only from root, so it
> not does what I want.

Eh?  Isn't it still setuid(), so network can do it? My understanding (I've
not actually looked more at this, since I don't run PPP at the moment) was
ppp owner root, group network, permissions 4550.  Thats at least what looks
reasonable; otherwise, you need root to use the program and can drop group
network entirely.

Eivind.