Date:      Sun, 28 Jan 2001 14:43:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      Keith Woodman <keith@cydonia.net>
To:        Matthew Emmerton <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
Cc:        Guillermo Leandro <guille@galileo.or.cr>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Kernel

I think there is some confusion here. In FreeBSD the kernel and the OS
version are not seperate as they are in the diluted confusion of Linux
versions. When you said you are running FreeBSD 4.1 then that is your
kernel version. As opposed to say a RedHat 7 running a kernel version
2.x.x or what ever and Slackware version ?? running kernel version ?? etc
etc. FreeBSD doesn't seperate the version from the kernel, they are one in
the same.
A uname -a will show you all the info you need to know as well as which
compile of the kernel you have if you are prone to doing kernel tweaking.

Keith

|              Keith Woodman                |
|      keith@cydonia.net    (primary)       |
|      keith@telestream.com (secondary)     |
|              www.cydonia.net              |