Date:      Tue, 3 Sep 2002 20:55:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Patrick Scheible <kkt@serv.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   prob & fix with port/lang/icon

Hello,

I built port/lang/icon last weekend on my FreeBSD 4.5 system.  There
was a little trouble.  Make without changing anything fails, unable to
find the X11 include files and libraries.  It's a simple fix to
/usr/ports/lang/icon/work/icon.v940src/Makedefs which should look like
this:

#  Makefile definitions from config/unix/intel_freebsd

#  CC       C compiler
#  CFLAGS   flags for building C files
#  CFDYN    additional flags for dynamic functions
#  RLINK    flags for linking run-time system
#  RLIBS    libraries to link with run-time system
#  XLIBS    libraries to link for graphics
#  XPMDEFS  definitions for building XPM library

#CC = cc
CFLAGS = -I/usr/X11R6/include   #kkt 9-2-02
CFDYN = -fPIC
RLINK = -Wl,-E
RLIBS = -lm
XLIBS = -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11  #kkt 9-2-02
XPMDEFS = -DZPIPE

# Graphics enabled
XL = -L../bin -lXpm $(XLIBS)

The two lines I changed have the comment #kkt 9-2-02 at the end.
The CCFLAGS line wasn't in the Makedefs at all, and the XLIBS line was
there but commented out.

I hope this helps!

-- Patrick Scheible