Date:      Sun, 22 Nov 1998 14:01:25 -0800
From:      Matthew Hunt <mph@pobox.com>
To:        Steve Friedrich <SteveFriedrich@Hot-Shot.com>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "flygt@sr.se" <flygt@sr.se>, Gunnar Flygt <gunnar@pluto.sr.se>
Subject:   Re: ping from fvwm2 menu

On Sun, Nov 22, 1998 at 10:51:44AM -0500, Steve Friedrich wrote:

> >I guess Greg was right!
>
> Well, his solution solved the problem for some shells, but not all. My
> solution would solve it for all.  Why don't you give me some credit.

Because he didn't *need* to solve it for all shells, since his script
nicely started with a "#!/bin/sh".  He used the right tool for the
right job, without unnecessary effort.

How's this:  Stop whining and trying to make Greg look bad, and I'll give
you some credit for being able to play well with others.  Otherwise,
you get the dreaded "runs with scissors" notation.

--
Matthew Hunt <mph@pobox.com> * UNIX is a lever for the intellect. -J.R. Mashey
http://www.pobox.com/~mph/pgp.key for PGP public key 0x67203349.