Date:      Thu, 10 Mar 2016 10:29:38 -0500
From:      Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Will 11.0-RELEASE include ASLR?

> There are patches ready for FreeBSD to use and it's ready to be shipped
> in FreeBSD. However, for some reason FreeBSD developers do not want to
> ship ASLR in FreeBSD. Why can't it be included at least as non-default
> src.conf option and marked as experimental?

A little while ago I asked kib@ to look at the ASLR situation.

He implemented a small, more general solution. We planned to post it
for review, testing and discussion soon, but given the renewed
interest in this topic we'll put it on Phabricator today.

I look forward to feedback on the patch from Shawn and the HardenedBSD
folks and everyone else with an interest in ASLR on FreeBSD.