Date:      Tue, 04 Sep 2001 09:42:08 +0300
From:      Atte =?iso-8859-1?Q?Peltom=E4ki?= <atte.peltomaki@openmobile.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Playing DVD's

dmesg:

cd0: <PIONEER DVD-ROM DVD-304 1.03> Removable CD-ROM SCSI-2 device
cd0: 20.000MB/s transfers (20.000MHz, offset 16)

Installed /usr/ports/graphics/libdvdcss
and /usr/ports/graphics/xine
(cvsup from yesterday)

I can mount the DVD by hand and play the .vob files with xine by
selecting them manually, but pushing the "DVD" button on xine
results in.. nothing. (Pushing the "VCD" button gives to console
"no /dev/cdrom found" error)

Also tried installing ogle, but ogle-7.0.3 gave me some error
with Makefile, and ogle-7.0.1 insisted I don't have libjpeg
installed. (Tho I think I do, isn't it /usr/ports/graphics/jpeg?)

btw. I tried to install ogle by hand from sources, since there
didn't seem to be a port available.

Atte Peltomäki
atte.peltomaki@iki.fi

p.s. My apologies for sending in mail with Netscape under
windows. Forgive me and my unconfigured fetchmail/procmail
combination.