Date:      Thu, 1 Jun 2017 12:13:55 +0300
From:      Boris Samorodov <bsam@passap.ru>
To:        Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ino64, java and intellij products problem

01.06.2017 00:29, Konstantin Belousov пишет:
> On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 11:53:39PM +0300, Boris Samorodov wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Seems that after ino64 transition some java programs stopped
>> to fully function. I.e. java/intellij (IntellJ IDEA and Co)
>> starts but does not show any files.
>>
>> I'm not sure if it's a java or IntelliJ problem. Any help to
>> diagnose the culprit is welcome.
>
> Is it after full rebuild of all ports for post-ino64, or with all ports
> built on pre-ino64 ?  (Mixes are not supported and not supposed to work).

Hm. I've rebuild all required ports:
---
% pkg info -d intellij-2017.1.3
intellij-2017.1.3:
        python27-2.7.13_3
        openjdk8-8.131.11
        intellij-pty4j-0.5_1
        intellij-fsnotifier-20160221_2
---

But sure not *all* ports.

> Check java programs for JNI calls which return struct stat or struct
> dirent to java code, and java code which knows the layout.  It is, e.g.,
> the problem with Firefox and its javascript, but there the recompilation
> seems to work.

OK, thanks. I'll wait for FreeBSD cluster[*] to build post-ino64
packages, reinstall all of them and see what's next.

[*] Seems to occur RSN.
--
WBR, Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD Committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve