Date:      Mon, 16 Aug 1999 14:36:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Zhihui Zhang <zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   kernel symbol `gd_curpcb' not found

I have tried to debug a kernel by simulating a panic without success. I
have read the handbook and searched the mailinglist.  I even tried not to
strip the debug kernel at all. Still I get the above message and I do not
know how to go on.  The following are the commands that I used:

now5# gdb -k
GNU gdb 4.18
This GDB was configured as "i386-unknown-freebsd".
(kgdb) symbol-file /kernel
Reading symbols from /kernel...done.
(kgdb) exec-file kernel.6
(kgdb) core-file vmcore.6