Date:      Mon, 26 Jan 2004 23:26:34 +0100
From:      "Georg-W. Koltermann" <gwk@rahn-koltermann.de>
To:        Martin Cracauer <cracauer@cons.org>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Currently no Java for Linux-Mozilla on 4-Stable?

Am Mo, den 26.01.2004 schrieb Martin Cracauer um 14:01:
> Hey folks,
>=20
> I was trying to install a jvm for the linux-mozilla port on 4-stable.
> 4-stable of yesterday (updated) and all ports of yesterday except as
> indicated.=20
>=20
> I am through all of them, blackdown-1.3, blackdown-1.4.2, checked out
> the previous blackdown-1.4.1, Sun-1.3.1 and Sun-1.4.2.
>=20
> Most of them have incompatible C++ interfaces to the current
> linux-mozilla, ...

I run sun-1.4.2 with some minor tweaking:

     1. move jre/plugin/i386/lib/ns610 out of the way and move (or
        symlink) ns610-gcc32 to ns610
     2. install /usr/compat/linux/lib/libgcc_s* (I copied my version
        from a RedHat 9.0 system that I had access to)

Seems to work nicely for me, even if I only used it occasionally.=20
System is 5.2-RC2+, linux-mozilla from packages.

As to the other Linux plugins that you say you want to run, you
certainly know about the linuxpluginwrapper port? It allows you to run
Linux plugins inside a FreeBSD Mozilla -- well, at least some.

--=20
Gr=FC=DFe,
Georg.