Date:      Wed, 12 Jun 2002 17:27:35 -0400
From:      "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "Joshua Lokken" <inspector.us@omicnet.com>
Cc:        "FBSDQ" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Gateway slowing things down

I would say you have just picked a bad time to access the FBSD FTP sites.
They are all downloading the new version 4.6 cdrom ISO images right now, and
soon as people see 4.6 on the FTP mirror sites they get flooded with people
downloading the new ISO version to their computers.  I see the same timeout
right
now as I try to connect to FBSD ftp sites looking for 4.6.  All you can do
is keep
trying different FBSD FTP mirror sites until you get one that is not busy.
Try to target one that is in a different time zone as you so the local users
are sleeping.