Date:      Sat, 14 Apr 2001 00:35:51 +0000
From:      Yoriaki FUJIMORI <fujimori@grafin.fujimori.cache.waseda.ac.jp>
To:        Chris Casey <chriss@phys.ksu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: linux/buildworld/compaq fortran

I do not know how many things you would like to realize at one time.

Just my small experience.  Compaq's fortran for Linux/Alpha can create
Linux binaries on FreeBSD/Alpha with linux-emulator.  I have compiled
many numerical analysis programmes with Compaq's fortran.

Meanwhile, Compaq's ccc is merged(?) in FreeBSD4.3RC2 and it creates
FreeBSD native binaries, but the fortran kit does not speak FreeBSD yet.
So, you can not use the fortran kit for buildworld.

Yoriaki Fujimori