Date:      Thu, 04 Feb 1999 10:02:52 -0600
From:      Victor Carranza <victorc@BitSmart.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Help migrating from Linux

Hi!

I am now working for an ISP-like institution. There is a machine here,
running Linux (RedHat 4.2, I think), which has all user accounts and
e-mail services, and I want to upgrade it to FreeBSD (the machine hangs
and crashes frequently). The only problem I have found is that password
files are NOT compatible between the two OS's...

Is there any way to transparently migrate all users to the new system?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Victor Carranza