Date:      Tue, 1 Dec 2020 14:09:49 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo@gmail.com>
To:        "@lbutlr" <kremels@kreme.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Updgrading from FreeBSD 12.1 to 12.2

On Tue, 1 Dec 2020 at 12:30, @lbutlr <kremels@kreme.com> wrote:

> Is there anything more detailed than the rather sparse information at <
> https://www.freebsd.org/releases/12.2R/relnotes.html#upgrade>; in terms of
> upgrading to 12.2?
>
> I know I've seen messages in passing about various issues in migrating and
> since I do not currently have a spare machine I want to proceed with a
> tightened level of caution (sometime in the next few months).
>
> I had three machines that were running 12.1 and I upgraded them to
12.2-RELEASE by:

 #freebsd-update upgrade -r 12.2-RELEASE

I just followed the instructions from the utility after that.

Before that, I had run `portupgrade -a` - something I do quite often, so
after the update to 12.2, I did not have to as everything seemed to be
working fine.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,