Date:      Wed, 25 May 2005 16:29:56 +0200
From:      Olaf Greve <o.greve@axis.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compatible DVD burners for AMD-64 version of FreeBSD 5.4?

Hi,

Within a few weeks I will be aquiring a new server, and it will most
likely feature a 64-bit AMD processor.

One of the (hardware-wise) things I need to solve before being able to
actually get it, is which DVD burner (for back-ups, etc.) I can best
install in it.

 From the FreeBSD 5.4 AMD-64 hardware compatibility list, I seem to
gather the following drive may be a good candidate:
Logitec LDR-H443U2 DVD-RAM/-R/+R/-RW/+RW drive

Does anyone have any experience with this particular combination and/or
can anyone perhaps recommend me some other good alternatives for the
AMD-64 version of FreeBSD 5.4?

Thanks in advance, and cheers!
Olafo