Date:      Thu, 26 Jun 1997 18:12:14 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Wes Peters - Softweyr LLC <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD io

Terry Lambert recently illuminated us:
> "TERM Communications Software, from Century Software, Inc."
>
> And ever since I went to Novell (I've since left them as well) to
> hack UNIX kernels, I haven't had access to the source code (it's not
> mine to port).
>
> So unless Wes did the job while he was the developement manager there,
> it probably has not been ported.

I did, but I couldn't convince Greg to release it, even under the plan
of "ftp it from us, send us $99, and we'll support you if we get around
to it."  I have the only running copy of TERM for FreeBSD, and would
not make another without Greg's permission.  Lon Willet also had a port
to NetBSD that differed from mine in a few trivial ways; his probably
featured slightly better performance but mine was cleaner and easier to
build.  ;^)

TERM really *is* a killer package.  You can actually emulate a SCO
console, a Wyse 60, or an IBM 3101 in an xterm.  It also has the
best file transfer (i.e. asynch/modem) engine anywhere.

If you want it released for *BSD/Linux, mailto:greg@censoft.com and
tell him.  I'm sure he'll appreciate hearing from you.  No, don't go
mail-bomb the place, just let him know the UNIX marketplace is still
viable and he can make some money there.  Tell your Linux friends,
too.  ;^)