Date:      Fri, 12 Jun 2009 18:25:39 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Mario Pavlov <freebsd@abv.bg>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Call For Testing] VirtualBox for FreeBSD! take 6

Hi,
I've just tried the latest port. It compiles fine and I'm able to load the module without problems...however now I'm unable to start VirtualBox...I get a strange dialog saying: "Failed to load the global GUI configuration from .
The application will now terminate."
Details -> Collee RC: NS_ERROR_ABORT (0x80004004)

of course I don't have any GUI configurations saved. I've previously deleted all config/tmp/etc files associated with VirtualBox.

this is the console output:

==========================================================================================================
# VirtualBox
Type Manifest File: /root/.VirtualBox/xpti.dat
nsNativeComponentLoader: autoregistering begins.
nsNativeComponentLoader: autoregistering succeeded
nNCL: registering deferred (0)
==========================================================================================================

and this I get after pressing the OK button of this error dialog

==========================================================================================================
WARNING: failed to send RELEASE event, file /usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox/work/virtualbox-2.2.51r20457/src/libs/xpcom18a4/ipc/ipcd/extensions/dconnect/src/ipcDConnectService.cpp, line 2174
ipcDConnectService Stats
 => number of worker threads: 1
nsStringStats
 => mAllocCount:             54
 => mReallocCount:           15
 => mFreeCount:              54
 => mShareCount:             89
 => mAdoptCount:              9
 => mAdoptFreeCount:          9

this was not the case with the previous port, I could start VirtualBox and even create a virtual machine and start installation of windows...and there it was crashing...on the windows installation

regards,
mgp

P.S.
# uname -a