Date:      Fri, 20 Oct 1995 11:18:08 +0100
From:      knarf@camelot.de (Frank Bartels)
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   elm-2.4pl24me8b

Hi,

elm-2.4pl24me8b is released and the patch is available from
ftp://cs.hmc.edu/pub/me/elm-2.4pl24me8b.diffs.Z. This is a bugfix.

http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~me/elm/bugs.html says:

---cut---
This is a list of known bugs in version ME8.

    builtin++ segfaults on zero-length messages [FIXED - ME8a]

    Elm can segfault with USE_PGP and MIME are both defined. [FIXED -
    ME8a]

    An extra space is inserted before the userid when looking up a PGP
    public key with pgp 2.6ui [FIXED - ME8b] If the signature is
    included after editing the message, it is written over the message
    instead of at the end [FIXED - ME8b]

    The G, ^P and ^U keys do not work in builtin++ [FIXED - ME8b]

    ELM segfaults when trying to view an attachment while in send mode.
    [FIXED - ME8b]

    ELM segfaults while trying to automatically determine the content
    type of an attachment in send mode. [FIXED - ME8b]

To report a bug that is not on this list, send mail to me@cs.hmc.edu.
In order to help me fix problems, please include the output of "elm -v"
in your message.
---cut---

In order to build the new version, you have to remove patch-ac from
the "old" elm-2.4pl24me8a port, add elm-2.4pl24me8b.diffs.Z to the
PATCHFILES= line. Compiling src/state.c will give you an error, removing
the garbage after the #endif will cure the problem (what's going on
there??).

If you already built elm-2.4pl24me8a you can rebuild 8b more easier
by saving your old config.sh.

Bye,
Knarf
--
  Frank Bartels   |UUCP/ZModem/Fax: + 49 89 5469593| "Captain, why not just
 knarf@camelot.de |  http://www.camelot.de/~knarf/ | give the Borg Windows?"