Date:      Sat, 26 Feb 2000 18:21:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      Omachonu Ogali <oogali@intranova.net>
To:        Danny <dannyh@idx.com.au>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HOWTO use the Ports behind a firewall

Use passive FTP, and move this to freebsd-questions.

On Sun, 27 Feb 2000, Danny wrote:

> --
> Hello,
>
> Situation
>
> Running FreeBSD 3.3
> Intend to install /usr/ports/games/doom/ as a test for ports
> Running a firewall product known as winproxy
>
> Ususally if I want to ftp into ftp.freebsd.org I would type in
>
> ftp 192.168.0.1
> anonymous@ftp.freebsd.org
> dannyh@idx.com.au
>
> But For some reason I can't get your ports to work behind this winproxy product.
>
> Question
>
> 1) What exactly do I have to do to get the ports to install behind Winproxy my
> firewall?
>
> Looking forward to your feedback.
>

> danny
>
> dannyh@idx.com.au

| Omachonu Ogali                                     oogali@intranova.net |
| Intranova Networking Group                 http://tribune.intranova.net |
| PGP Key ID:                                                  0xBFE60839 |
| PGP Fingerprint:       C8 51 14 FD 2A 87 53 D1  E3 AA 12 12 01 93 BD 34 |