Date:      Tue, 6 Aug 2002 18:59:39 -0600
From:      Sean LeBlanc <seanleblanc@americanisp.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Speeding up sharity-light?

Right now I'm connecting to a machine that has a Samba share. I'm using
sharity-light. Is there any way to speed this up at all? It can take several
seconds just to do a directory listing in a dir that has many files...in one
specific instance, it's 1300+ files in there...sometimes, I seem to have
something maybe "cached", and it's not so bad (acts like it's local), other
times, it's *horrendous*...it can take around 10 seconds to complete.

TIA,
--
Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc@americanisp.net
I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and