Date:      Wed, 8 Oct 2003 22:50:49 -0600
From:      Steve D <groups@xscd.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Shell script--batch rename files

mvb (MV-Batch shell script)

To the several people who wrote to me about my batch-rename shell
script, and anyone else who may be interested, I have worked a lot on
it the past few days and the latest version (1.5.5) and a screenshot
and README is at:

http://www.xscd.com/pub/mvb/

I'll try to keep subsequent versions, if any, in the same location.

Because I am learning shell scripting, I appreciate any criticisms,
comments or suggestions from more proficient programmers and users.

The script works well for me, especially for quickly renaming image
files that have been downloaded from my digital camera or from the
Internet and sorted into directories by theme.

Best wishes,

Steve Doonan
Portales, NM US

A smooth sea has never made a good sailor.