Date:      Thu, 09 Feb 2006 11:07:44 +0100
From:      Gregers Petersen <gp.ioa@cbs.dk>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Power-drain during suspend?

Dear all

I'm running FreeBSD 6.0 Release on an IBM Thinkpad R51, with a Ati 9000
GPU and have problems with a very high power comsumption during suspend?
All other issues have been solved and everything is working and stable
(speedstep, lid-suspend, buttons, wifi, network/mouse after suspend
etc.) -  I have aprox. 2.5 hours when I run on battery - but if I send
the R51 into suspend (S3) the battery is completely drained after 6-7 hours?
I have been trying to add 'Radeontool' to my suspend/resume scripts -
but this does not solve the problem.

Would anybody be able to advice me on this subject ?

Gregers Petersen