Date:      Thu, 16 Oct 2003 10:18:56 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
Subject:   utility idea

	Is there an existant utility (script) that captures the output
	of grep -n and, using vi then presents the user with the list of
	files that are brought at the first point where the string was
	seen.  E.g, if I'm recursively searching for the string "ncount"
	and find several files, the script would queue up each file.

	(I seem to remember a debugging script that would do something
	 like this using the err output from cc, but this was years
	 and years ago.)

	Clues welcome, people,

	tia,

	gary