Date:      Thu, 1 Apr 1999 02:40:32 -0500 (EST)
From:      eagle@phc.igs.net
To:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Programmers Documentation Project Request for HELP

     The PDP project was started last week by Jeroen Ruigrok and myself,
     The idea behind this project, is to create documentation that will
     facilitate the development of native applications for freebsd.

	One of the driving forces behind this project is the lack of
	information about the internals of freebsd, When asking for
	information on programming freebsd one is currently pointed to
	books that deal with bsd 4.4, while freebsd is a derivative from
	bsd 4.4, the internals have changed greatly and even the
	documentation from libc itself is way out of date.

	I believe that making this documentation available will make it
	easier for people to write native freebsd code. to take
	advantage of the features of freebsd, somthing that will never
	happen using linux emulation.

	We greatly appreciate EE, and JKH's support with this project
	and also a special thanks to Adrian who has joined us in this
	key area.

	We need people to write the documentation and people willing to
	review it.

	Terry, would you be interested, John Dyson you maybe? we need
	people that know the code to make sure that what is written is
	correct..

thanks for listening to me ramble..

if your interested in helping please contact:

asmodai@wxs.nl    Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai
eagle@phc.igs.net Rob Garrett/Chmod

or come see us on the undernet #freebsd channel or on efnet same channel

Rob