Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2012 14:29:35 +0000 (UTC)
From:      jb <jb.1234abcd@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libreoffice package and port troubles

Matthias Petermann <matthias <at> d2ux.net> writes:

>    Hi,
>    a couple of days ago I had the same issue. Install via pkg_add -r did
>    result in the same error you reported.
>    But building LIbreOffice from the ports worked well.
>    The pkg_add issue only appeared on i386 system for me, it worked on
>    amd64 so I guess the i386 packages are corrupted?

Yes, it is a i386 system.

I am just wondering, is there any way to
pkg_add -r libreoffice
and ask to restore (download/install) all its dependencies (that is, the old
deps that were there prior to ports updates that replaced them with newer
ones) ?
Actually, I read the PKG_ADD(1) and see this:
     3.   Scan all the package dependencies (from @pkgdep directives, see
          pkg_create(1)) are read from the packing list.  If any of these
          required packages is not currently installed, an attempt is made to
          find and install it; if the missing package cannot be found or
          installed, the installation is terminated.
Is this not what I want it to do ? These old deps (packages) should be still
available - I am still on FB 9.0 and its original repo.

Or can I request the same (old package with old deps) with portmaster ?
portmaster <some options> libreoffice

jb