Date:      Thu, 1 May 2003 09:48:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Steve Bertrand <iaccounts@northnetworks.ca>
To:        "Jerry M. Howell II" <jmhowell@jmhowell.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Handbook...

> > Usually I use the handbook as reference only, but it truly reads like a
> > nice novel when in nice printed form.
> >
> > The book also came with an installation CD for those with dial-up
> > connections. I understand that this is not a commercial list, but to have
> > the FBSD Handbook in printed soft cover form is much nicer than expected.
> >
> > My $0.02
> >
> Lol, call me nuts but I've been known to burn reams of paper and ink
> printing man pages, how-to's and yes, handbooks :). I have a 3 hole
> punch and some platic binders and set them at work along with all my
> other geek books.

When I first installed FBSD for the first time (4.5-$) I printed the
entire Handbook (600+ pages) on a DocCenter 430. After taking home the 6"
stack of paper, it dawned on me that I could of printed double sided :o)

I also have TONS of docs, howto's and man pages printed and lying around
everywhere. Online docs are great, but I still like reading paper better.
I just wanted to let everyone know that the 1-1/4" FBSD handbook is a very
attractive addition to an existing document set, or the perfect start to a
new one.

Steve