Date:      Tue, 6 Jan 1998 20:52:07 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade <paulo@fiscodata-pr.netpar.com.br>
To:        "John S. Dyson" <dyson@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: System won't boot after make world

On Tue, 6 Jan 1998, John S. Dyson wrote:

> Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade said:
> >
> >     I have the kernel dump in /var/crash.
> >
> >     The sources are 04, january, from cvsup.br.freebsd.org. The machine
> > is an AMD 5x86.
> >
> >     If more info is required, please ask me.
> >
> Note that the code has been broken since 19Dec-20Dec due to some bugs
> that I created.  Please resup and try again, I have committed fixes.

    I did more some investigations, and, if not mounting the msdos
partition it boots normally.

    Debugging '/usr/src/sbin/i386/mount_msdos/mount_msdos.c', the
system will never return from line 148:
	if (mount(vfc.vfc_name, dir, mntflags, &args) < 0)

    Another problem is the ps command, even with the new kernel/world,
it always say:
ps: proc size mismatch (12844 total, 644 chunks)

    Maybe this is a dumb question, but what means
/sys/compile/WHATEVER/opt_dontuse.h ?

Thanks.

Paulo