Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 2000 23:11:19 +0900 (JST)
From:      sanpei@sanpei.org (MIHIRA Yoshiro)
To:        edwardc@tpts4.seed.net.tw
Cc:        arnaud.gibier@bt.com, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "device timeout" with DFE-650

edwardc@tpts4.seed.net.tw wrote:
>> 	Yep, I've thinking that was a irq conflict problem. Coz I have used the
>> 	Diag.EXE in the driver floppy, it's told me the irq is 11 on my adpater,
>> 	but irq 11 is used by "pcic0" on my laptop.

  You can use pcic without irq(polling mode), like this

In kernel config file
device          pcic0   at isa? irq 0 port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd0000
                                    ~

or set pcic0's irq as 0 in userconfig at bootup time.

irq pcic0 0

# In 4-stable, polling mode is default pcic mode.

  And you could use irq 11 to PC-Card/DFE-650, I think.

---
Cheers.
MIHIRA Yoshiro