Date:      Thu, 9 Sep 2004 17:41:13 +0200
From:      Fredrik Bredeli <fbred@cocacolic.org>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Queues refuse to use more than one pipe

Hello,

I am trying to limit bandwitdth to spesifik services/IP-adresses, but
when I try to use a queue with an other pipe than pipe 1, i get this
error: ipfw: setsockopt(IP_DUMMYNET_CONFIGURE): Invalid argument

   # My downloadpipe
   ${fwcmd} pipe 1 config bw 2450Kbit/s

   # My uploadpipe
   ${fwcmd} pipe 2 config bw 550Kbit/s

   ### Queues ###
   ${fwcmd} queue 1 config weight 70 pipe 1  # UDP-traffic
   echo pipe 1
   ${fwcmd} queue 2 config weight 1 pipe 2  # HTTPD, FTPD  <- error
   echo pipe 2

Here comes the weird part; I switched name on the pipes:

   # My downloadpipe
   ${fwcmd} pipe 2 config bw 2450Kbit/s

   # My uploadpipe
   ${fwcmd} pipe 1 config bw 550Kbit/s

   ### Queues ###
   ${fwcmd} queue 1 config weight 70 pipe 2  # UDP-traffic  <- error
   echo pipe 2
   ${fwcmd} queue 2 config weight 1 pipe 1  # HTTPD, FTPD
   echo pipe 1

It looks like queues only accept pipe 1, even though pipe 2 is identical
(I tested that too). Could anyone explain to me what I am doing wrong?

I am running FreeBSD 4.10-RELEASE-p2 and IPFW 2.
Fredrik Bredeli.