Date:      Thu, 8 Jan 1998 12:06:25 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Bryan K. Ogawa" <bkogawa@primenet.com>
To:        bkogawa@primenet.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, felix@royal.net
Subject:   Re: Adaptec AVA1505 ISA SCSI Card

Following up to myself:

>I am pretty sure that this card's driver is not maintained under
>FreeBSD.  Code exists, but support for some things isn't there, and no
>one's taking suggestions on what people need.  I ran into this when I
>was trying to get my scanner to work with a 1502.

>It might work for whatever you are using it for (e.g. the CD-R), but
>if it doesn't, your only recourse may be to fix the driver yourself.

As a bit of a counter-argument, I do know that some people are able to
use these successfully with their hard drives; however, I don't know
if anyone has used a CD-R drive successfully; this is more of a
question since the driver is not maintained.

--
bryan k ogawa  <bkogawa@primenet.com>   http://www.primenet.com/~bkogawa/