Date:      Tue, 23 Mar 1999 15:27:00 -0600 (CST)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Brian Adkins <brian@lojic.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Java (was Re: FreeBSD emulation for linux )

On Tue, 23 Mar 1999, Brian Adkins wrote:

# Have you tried Kaffe?  If so, what do you think?  I've looked at their web
# site but for the life of me I can't see what version of the JDK they support.

Only briefly, so I don't have anything good or bad to say about it.
Others that have will undoubtly comment on it.

# >Yes the Sun implementation has it (and Blackdown's too I think)
# >but the source is not publically available, so our port won't
# >come with it. :(
#
# Well how did Blackdown get it, and more importantly, how do we get it?

I don't know for sure that they have the sources, but I believe
they got as part of some early release deal they made with Sun.
I also hear via the grapevine that a couple of Sun people have
been assigned to help them finish the port.  I haven't been able
to determine the validity of these statements, but I find it
pretty interesting if they do pan out.