Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 2003 14:21:44 +0200
From:      Clemens Fischer <ino-qc@spotteswoode.de.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Heads up: New if_xl committed

* 2003-08-10 Mike Silbersack:

> As promised, the updated if_xl with full busdma support / other
> improvements has been MFC'd to 4.8-stable.  While I have put this
> driver through extensive testing, it is possible that there may be
> bugs which are either present in the -current version or that I
> added in the MFC process.

i can't get a kernel module `xl' compiled with RELENG_4_8 cvsup'ed
this morning, having the same problems with the `vesa' module.

it seems some symbols needed in locore (PAGE_SHIFT et.al.) should be
in assym.s (and others in opt_* files) within the build-dir for the
kernel.  assym.s exists, but is empty.  i checked if the kernel
(especially kld `vesa' causing me trouble) compiles with an assym.s
from an older build, and this works, but this is not much use for me.

i need to know what's wrong with my build-environment, because "make
buildworld" etc. had been working until the realpath() bug made it
neccessary to rebuild everything.

  clemens