Date:      Sat, 27 Feb 2016 01:04:52 +0100
From:      Rainer Duffner <rainer@ultra-secure.de>
To:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Poll: FreeBSD userbase in 2016

> Am 27.02.2016 um 00:24 schrieb Andy Farkas <andyf@andyit.com.au>:
>=20
> On 27/02/2016 13:09, Lucius Rizzo wrote:
>> I am wondering who else (these days) uses FreeBSD commercially and/or =
any major names to understand current userbase. Is there any data on =
this?
>>=20
>=20
> The FreeBSD web site (https://www.freebsd.org/) has a link on
> the home page:
>=20
> "... the platform of choice for many of the busiest web sites ..."
>=20
> Try clicking on it.
>=20

You can get a sneak-peek from looking at pages like a VendorSummit =
wiki-page:

https://wiki.freebsd.org/201511VendorDevSummit =
<https://wiki.freebsd.org/201511VendorDevSummit>;

We just use it for servers.
Nothing really earth-shattering.

Almost everything it does could be done by Ubuntu. Or CentOS.
But then we=E2=80=99d have to worry about even more servers with another =
f*=E2=80=99ing glibc bug.

Let=E2=80=99s see how this OpenSSL thing plays out this time=E2=80=A6.

People seem to be starting to use it in appliances more, in various =
shapes.