Date:      Sat, 15 Sep 2007 17:36:49 -0500
From:      Karl Denninger <karl@denninger.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question regarding Intel ICH7 motherboard and integrated RAID controller

Hi folks;

I have a new Intel ICH7 board here that has Quad-core support.

It works well EXCEPT....

It has an on-board RAID controller with some internal buffer memory.

I'm not all that interested in using it as a RAID adapter.  I am, however,
interested in using it as a disk adapter, as a way to both spread load AND
benefit from its cache memory.

Unfortunately, BTX panics if I attach a disk to it!  I have no idea if
FreeBSD would see the disks as just "normal" "ad" disks, as I can't get
anywhere near that far to find out...

Any ideas?  Why would BTX throw a hissy fit?

Karl Denninger (karl@denninger.net) Internet Consultant & Kids Rights Activist
http://www.denninger.net	My home on the net - links to everything I do!
http://scubaforum.org		Your UNCENSORED place to talk about DIVING!
http://genesis3.blogspot.com	Musings Of A Sentient Mind