Date:      Tue, 23 Mar 2004 09:13:07 -0600
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need assitance installin FreeBSD

Jerry McAllister wrote:

>>I downloaded the mini FreeBSD for this little pc i have, but im not sure
>>what files to put on cd. Could you please give me a hand? the attached
>>pic is what was unziped. Thank you  -Chris
>>

>No attached PIC.

Yup.  Maybe it was stripped automagically ---
that'd actually be a Good Thing(TM), IMO.

>It depends on your intent and the amount of disk space you have
> - also on how fast your internet connection is.
>I normally install everything including source.

Another strategy: choose "minimal" from sysinstall(8)
and get it over with quickly, then:

1.  Reboot, run /stand/sysinstall again, and use it to
install the cvsup-no-gui package.

2.  Cvsup your source tree.

3.  Run a "make buildworld" cycle.

I haven't timed this out, but it *seems*
faster ... maybe 'cause I'm running steps
instead of just watching sysinstall download
the whole OS ....

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo, S.P.