Date:      Mon, 28 Jul 2008 11:39:45 -0400
From:      John Nielsen <lists@jnielsen.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS patches.

On Monday 28 July 2008, David Grochowski wrote:
> Hey,
>
> On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 11:24 PM, Adam McDougall <mcdouga9@egr.msu.edu>
wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 02:54:13PM +0200, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> > >
> > >  Hi.
> > >
> > >        http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/patches/zfs_20080727.patch.bz2
> >
> > Stop in /usr/src.
>
> I had the same issue. Try deleting
> "/usr/src/sys/cddl/compat/opensolaris/sys/acl.h" and
> "/usr/src/sys/cddl/compat/opensolaris/sys/callb.h" (make sure that
> these files have a length of zero first!). When patching, these files
> are supposed to be deleted, but were instead left as empty files.
> Since these files are included before the actual ones in
> "/usr/src/sys/cddl/contrib/opensolaris/uts/common/sys", this will
> cause a problem.
>
> Also, I would like to note that the patch has been working for me
> without any problems.

Thanks for pointing this out David, I had been scratching my head too. (Also
thanks to those who posted reminders to use patch -p0).

I'm now up and running with the patch and an upgraded zpool. No issues thus
far. I even tried to reproduce the UDP NFS write lockup issue I reported
recently and was unable to. Thanks PJD!

JN