Date:      Mon, 15 Dec 2008 15:15:27 -0900
From:      Beech Rintoul <beech@alaskaparadise.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Beech Rintoul <beech@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problem with net/x11vnc update.

I'm trying to update the x11vnc port to the latest and I'm getting the
following configure error:

checking jpeglib.h usability... yes
checking jpeglib.h presence... yes
checking for jpeglib.h... yes
checking for jpeg_CreateCompress in -ljpeg... no     <------------ Note
configure: WARNING:
*** The libjpeg compression library was not found. ***
This may lead to reduced performance, especially over slow links.
If libjpeg is in a non-standard location use --with-jpeg=DIR to
indicate the header file is in DIR/include/jpeglib.h and the library
in DIR/lib/libjpeg.a.  A copy of libjpeg may be obtained from:
ftp://ftp.uu.net/graphics/jpeg/
I'm running -CURRENT as of Sunday and I tried adding the path in configure,
but it makes no difference. I also tried googling but the only references I
found were either Mac or FreeBSD 4.x. The previous version didn't have this
check, so I don't know if this is a new or ongoing problem.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Beech
Beech Rintoul - FreeBSD Developer - beech@FreeBSD.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://people.freebsd.org/~beech
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Skype: akbeech
/ \  - http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/7.0R/announce.html