Date:      Sat, 25 Jan 2003 12:39:49 -0500
From:      Anthony Volodkin <anthonyv@brainlink.com>
To:        sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Crash dump on a nfs-root'ed system

Hi,

Earlier today, my Ultra2 running 5.0-CURRENT from a bit more than a week
ago crashed.  At the time it just completed a successful make
buildworld, and was idly running squid that was using a md device for
it's cache.  At the db> prompt i was able to get this:

db> trace
panic() at panic+0x134
uma_dbg_free() at uma_dbg_free+0x108
uma_zfree_arg() at uma_zfree_arg+0xf4
syncache_free() at syncache_free+0xa0
syncache_drop() at syncache_drop+0x148
syncache_timer() at syncache_timer+0x138
softclock() at softclock+0x190
ithread_loop() at ithread_loop+0x240
fork_exit() at fork_exit+0xdc
fork_trampoline() at fork_trampoline+0xdc

Now, the handbook suggests that I get a crash dump which usually ends up
being saved to the swap partition.  I'd like to know how to do that on a
nfs-root'ed box (there really isnt a real swap partion).

Also, John Polstra, I tried the new release of cvsup and i cvsupped
ports and src-all without any probmlems at all! Great job!

Sincerely,
Anthony Volodkin