Date:      Thu, 29 Dec 2005 15:56:12 +0100
From:      guru@Sisis.de
To:        Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 6.0-REL && isos of distfiles

El día Thursday, December 29, 2005 a las 09:44:54AM -0500, Jerry McAllister escribió:

> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm installing a brand new notebook and have to do it with 6.0-REL
> > because the SATA support; so I can't use my 1 GByte distfiles of
> > the 5.4-REL which I have on the older notebook; is there somehow
> > a place to download isos of the distfiles? I know that I could buy
> > them but not right now here in Germany before the weekend :-(
>
> Check out the handbook on the FreeBSD website.   IT will tell you what
> you need to know.

That's exactly what I did before: reading chap. "4.5.2.1 Installing Ports
from a CD-ROM" and so I know what I do and what I'm asking for (it's
not the 1st FreeBSD installation);

> Anyway, the ISOs are all available at ftp.freebsd.org
> There are mirror sites in various places around the world too.
> Log in as anonymous with a password of your Email address.

that was the second step looking around below
ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/ISO-IMAGES/6.0
(and other places) but I only see the isos for CD1, CD2 and CD-bootonly,
but not the ports;

Pls. be so kind and send me the correct URL. Thx

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz / Sisis Informationssysteme GmbH
ein Tochterunternehmen der OCLC PICA B.V. Leiden (NL)