Date:      Sat, 14 Jun 1997 12:21:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kevin Eliuk <kevin_eliuk@sunshine.net>
To:        John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
Cc:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Complaining at Warner Brothers?

On Sat, 14 Jun 1997, John Fieber wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Jun 1997, Michael Smith wrote:
>
> > I started off trying to mail a (reasonably polite) complaint to the
> > webmaster at Warner Bros. about their anal use of Shockwave for
> > _everything_.
>
> Reminds me of another site I ran into.  The home page said
> something like:  "This site would rock if you were using
> Microsoft Internet Explorer".
>
> It seems that the commercial world has missed the point of the
> world wide web: standardize the data, not the application.
>

>                   +--------------+
>                  /                \
>                  | World Wide Web |
>                  |   1990-1997    |
>                  |     R.I.P.     |
>                  |                |
>                  |                |
>                  |                |
>            \/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\/\\/\/\/\//\

Couldn't agree more. I have only been using the internet since
September '96 and found myself quickly getting disgusted with the
over-commercialization of the entire web. Personally I believe the
whole hype is going to go the same way as CB did in the 70's and
Billy&Co. are going to have wasted a whole lot of man hours on making
the Internet user (un)friendly ;)

Or has this all been speculated before?

                            |  \    kevin_eliuk@sunshine.net     /  |
                            |    \       Kevin G. Eliuk        /    |